Science concepts create the themes for the units within Kindergarten Complete. The questions for discussion of the concepts will incorporate new vocabulary words that will become part of your child’s usable vocabulary, and stimulate higher-level thinking skills. The enrichment activities or experiments provided will reinforce the skills being taught in a fun or challenging way.
- Recognize and understand the five senses.
- Recognize the characteristics and habitats of various types of animals and insects.
- Understand that animals can be tame or wild.
- Discover what animals and plants need to live and grow.
- Understand that an animal’s color or size can help protect it.
- Understand that the world was created by God, and how we should take care of it.
- Explore the world through observation and experimentation.
- Learn about the changes in seasons and weather.
- Classify things as living or non-living.
- Observe the sun and moon to find patterns in their movement.